Here are some other areas of mikero.com that are just here for fun:
- I gained 15 minutes of Internet fame when I designed a Charles Darwin campaign poster, which was a parody of Shepard Fairey's famous Obama campaign poster.
- I made a cool art project once.
- The Official Rules of Crummy Rummy, a card game that my family enjoys.
- When do a clock's hands line up? When do they form right angles? When do the three hands form equal angles? Answers to these questions and more at my clock geometry page.
- The worst outcome of a tournament is if you lose in the first round to an opponent who loses in the second round to an opponent who... etc etc, until the final. I have compiled a list of tennis players who have accomplished this feat in the 4 major tournaments. I call it the anti-grand-slam.
- Truchet tilings are very simple mathematical tilings that look pretty. I wrote a Truchet tiling generator with several nice-looking tile sets.
- Is the letter J purple? Or is it orange? What about the number 8? Answers to these questions and more on my meager synesthesia page.
- Here's an IP range calculator that only does one thing. I wrote it because I could find nothing else online that does this one thing. If you are wondering how to get from an arbitrary (non-aligned) network range (like 10.10.0.40 - 10.10.0.55) to an aligned network range in CIDR notation (like 10.10.0.32/27), then this is the tool for you.
- Since I'm learning Czech, I made a handy Czech grammar cheat sheet for myself. It also includes the cs keyboard layout and relevant HTML entities (latin-2).